Search for atmospheres
Drifting Abed on the High Seas
The Captain's Quarters
It's been a long and toilsome day at sea, and you've just laid yourself down to get some well-deserved rest below deck in your quarters. The rest of your crew carries on laughing, eating, and drinking in the distant night elsewhere on the ship, but something draws you away from the bustle tonight. As you lie, half asleep, in the quiet darkness of your room, the waves stir you as they always must (and as they always do.)
Still, the wisps of candle-smoke from your extinguished lantern rise into the air and... something catches in the back of your tired mind. Perhaps it's just the call of the waves, or the creaking of a ship brought to life by the elements, but... there's something else too. A voice from the sea itself. It sounds familiar, and pleasant, and you want to leave the warmth of your bed to go find her-- but you're no fool.
Better to let her song lull you to sleep from a safe distance than to follow her out into the night.
Comments for "The Captain's Quarters"
License details for "The Captain's Quarters"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Wooden Ship by http://www.freesound.org/ +)
- Irish Pub Sounds by Irish People +)
- Coastal Waves by jgrzinich on freesound.org +)
- Bell Lighthouse by Nick Turner, Watercolour Music +)
- Deep Water by Nick Turner, Watercolour Music +)
- Fog Horn Distant by SoundFX +)
- Woman humming by Sova Huova +)
- seagull on beach by squashy555 from https://www.freesound.org/people/squashy555/sounds/353416/ +)