Search for atmospheres
St. Mary's on Sunday
St. Mary's Quarter
While most famous for the expansive Rookery grounds, and for the church for which it was named, St. Mary's quarter also contains many well-to-do homes and businesses. Overlooking the village of Scarborough, the church itself has stood for centuries, the great bells heralding times of joy as well as times of sorrow and despair.
On this day, the bells herald another Mass, and the townspeople who frequent the church (as there are four others in the town) welcome the opportunity for socialization with their neighbors.
Comments for "St. Mary's Quarter"
License details for "St. Mary's Quarter"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- church bell in the distance by Adeodatus +)
- Stable Sounds by Goodlistener from http://freesound.org +)
- Medieval Street Sounds by Harry Potter +)
- walking footsteps by nextmaking from http://freesound.org +)
- Nuns Singing Softly by NoiseCollector +)
- Horses trotting on gravel by ornery from http://freesound.org +)
- Small Crowd Outside by s9ames +)
- Rocky Seashore by soundmanfilms from http://www.freesound.org +)