Search for atmospheres
Encountering the Unexpected on the Seas
Modern Mermaid Encounter
Sailing can be a lonely, boring way to make a living. To liven the time, sailors have always told stories, each one trying to tell a new tale or top the last one. Merfolk have been a common thread throughout history, across cultures and oceans. Perhaps it's because we're not built to live in water even though it makes up most of the globe. Perhaps it's because lonely men like to think about beautiful women. Or, perhaps, there's a tad bit of truth in the tales.
Maybe, perhaps, in the night watch when the moon's right and there's no one else around you can hear her song in the silence of your mind, beckoning, calling, teasing you to come join her.
The fog surrounds you, the rhythm of the waves and the shifting of the cargo hypnotize you. You strain and almost convince yourself that it was all in your imagination when her beckoning lilt lifts itself above the waves. Be careful, son of land, for her world is not yours.
Comments for "Modern Mermaid Encounter"
License details for "Modern Mermaid Encounter"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Boat engine by By Domingus - www.freesound.org +)
- Seagulls by dobroide from http://freesound.org +)
- Ocean Waves Rio de Janeiro by Freimut-Johannes Müller +)
- Female Lilting by https://freesound.org/people/womb_affliction/sounds/333318/ +)
- Atmosphere 1 by interspace at http://99sounds.org/interspace/ +)
- Creaking Rigging by kehbe +)
- Aegean Sea Summer by Leona Henry *)
- Fog Horn by Nick Turner, Watercolour Music +)
*) Soundsnap.com license