Search for atmospheres
An afternoon with angels
You can't see anything, but you can feel the warmth of the low-hanging sun on your face. Long grass waves at your feet as a gentle breeze drifts by, humming in your ears as if welcoming you. There are quiet conversations around you in all kinds of languages; some you recognize, and some you don't. You hear two kinds of wings flapping above you. One group is quick, small; the other is heavier and awkward. It's the birds, guiding the young ones on their first flights. You hear their giggles, and the amused calls of the elders on the ground. There's no worry for them. They were born to fly.
There are bells chiming; a choir is singing in the distance. A few of the conversations falter as the others stop to listen. They sing a song of eternity. Sorrow, resilience, courage. Your heart aches, and soars at the same time. You don't need to know the language to understand their message, feel their emotions.
You take a seat in the soft grass, taking in the warmth of the sun and the scent of the lovely flowers around you. You're not one of them. You bear no wings, no golden soul or galaxy eyes. You are simply a visitor in a land of divinity. And yet, you've never felt more welcome.
Comments for "Ethereal emotion"
License details for "Ethereal emotion"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Slowed down birdsong (UK) by Emily +)
- Blowing grass in Wind by floft from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Hymn of the Cherubim by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQzW_QfPew +)
- Bird Chorus by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- Bird-Flapping-FS by pepv from http://freesound.org +)
- Windchimes by Preston Stegall +)
- French conversation, laughter by thorvandahl from https://www.freesound.org +)
- Bird wings by Tigersound +)