Search for atmospheres
The Nation of Gilneas
Beasts in the Shadows
“Remember that the beast in the shadows might be your salvation.”
The original goal was to recreate the feel of the city of Gilneas right after the first cutscene of the worgen starting zone where your character and those trying to hide in the cathedral are overwhelmed. From that point, it's implied that the city has fallen and most of the inhabitants who haven't been mauled to death are cursed to live as feral werecreatures. A city of dogs. A city of monsters.
But then I started thinking.
Maybe you could imagine this as the cursed Gilneans returning to their homeland and attempting to retake it. Maybe the sounds of battle conjure up the mental image of packs operating like military units and carrying out guerrilla attacks on unsuspecting Forsaken. Maybe the howls are not the cries of the bloodthirsty, maddened masses, but instead a very unique way of communicating long-distance. Instead of listening to the downfall of a nation, you could experience its reclamation.
I quite prefer the second idea.
Comments for "Beasts in the Shadows"
License details for "Beasts in the Shadows"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Werewolf Growl by Audio Enabled +)
- Battlefield ambience by By Justkiddink - www.freesound.org +)
- Wolf Howls by George Vlad of Alchemy Audio Design +)
- raven sound by http://soundbible.com/935-Raven.html +)
- Creaking Oak by klankbeeld from http://freesound.org +)
- Light Rain by soundrecorder7 from http://freesound.org +)
- Distant Thunder by Unknown +)
- Wolf Pack by YleArkisto +)